Mama Mandarin Marmalade
4 lemons, juiced
1 ½ cups sugar
- Quarter mandarins with skin on and deseed.
- Place deseeded mandarin quarters and their skins into a large pot and barely cover them with water.
- Add lemon juice and bring to boil, then simmer until mandarins are completely soft and just falling apart.
- Puree this mixture (skins and all), leaving some texture.
- Stir through the sugar and bring to the boil, constantly stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil for about 20 mins to reduce the mixture.
- Pour hot marmalade into sterilised jars and seal.