- 1kg limes
- 150g – 300g grated ginger (depending how strong you like it)
- 5kg caster sugar
- Juice all the limes. After juicing, flatten each lime half and slice into thin matchsticks.
- Put the lime juice and matchsticks into a large pan. Add 3 litres of water and the ginger. Bring to the boil, then simmer on low heat for 1-1½ hours, or until rind is soft and translucent.
- Turn off heat and slowly add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring the marmalade back to the boil over medium heat, then boil stead, stirring occasionally, for about 20 mins or until setting point.
- Let marmalade sit for 5 mins or so, then carefully fill sterilised jars with hot jam and seal.Recipe adapted from Cornersmith.