We are a non-for-profit initiative that aims to reduce food waste by creatively engaging and empowering our surrounding community. Creating appetising dishes out of ignored, overlooked or surplus (by-) products of our food system at pop-up events, enables us to generate discussion around food waste in informal and lively settings. Linking guest to delicious food that would not normally reach the consumers plate and the up-cycle techniques used, empowers them to make active decisions in reducing food waste in their everyday routines.
- Educating the public about the associated environmental and social impacts.
- Linking the public to food that would otherwise go to waste.
- Connecting the public with local food producers and their challenges to keep food waste to a minimum.
- Empowering the public with alternative preserving practises and other food waste reducing techniques
- Providing a social platform for the public to talk, share and connect around food waste.
- Encouraging the public to make active decisions in reducing food waste at individual and community level.
Meet the crew
In the media